Did you mean: 
Antex
Paper Tape
Views: 2,587
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G50-70 - Log file: C:\windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"

I bought my laptop less than a month a go and I get this error message

Log file: C:\windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"

I run chkdsk - c drive is fine but D drive, I get  a lot of - File Record segment ____ is unreadable. 

I really need to know what my next move should be. 

Many Thanks!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,571
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G50-70 - Log file: C:\windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"

hi Antex,

Welcome to the Forums.

An unreadable File Record Segments means that a data on the HDD's cluster or sector is damaged and became unreadable. This is an indication of an imminent hard drive failure.

If you're still able to boot into Windows, I recommend you backup important files ASAP and contact lenovo on how to go about getting the HDD replaced.

In case that Windows doesn't boot-up anymore, you can:

1. Follow this guide on how to backup your files

or 

2. See page 36 of the HMM on how to remove the drive and use an HDD enclosure (like this item) to convert into an external HDD to read the data on another PC.

Support phone list

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Chris951
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,553
Message 3 of 4

Backup files and try to do a clean restore if you made a boot drive when you got it which you should have..... If not, download windows from Microsoft's website and do a clean restore after downloading all your drivers from Lenovo's website and saving them on a flash drive. Have another flash drive for windows. I did this and installed a Samsung evo 850 SSD to get rid of the crappy slow HDD that Lenovo puts in these g50-70's
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lenovo G50-70, Core i5 4210u, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, Corsair Vengeance RAM 16GB
deesteele
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,233
Message 4 of 4

I was hoping I could get additional information regarding this issue. Mine occured last night after I downloaded Microsoft 10 on my system. After it downloaded my system was fine and I was using it. Later I went into settings and it showed that there were further updates so I did the updates and then received the above error message.

Now that I have the blue screen my only options are Shut down and advanced options, when advanced options didn't work, I shut the computer down.

Can you please help?

Thank you,

Danielle R. Steele (deesteele)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors