Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PopcornTart
Paper Tape
Views: 7,387
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G50-70 No Wifi

Hello, since about 10-12 days, my laptop's wifi has suddenly stopped working. It would show a red X sign at the Wifi icon and would OCCASIONALLY detect my Wifi (even though my other laptop detects others) and would connect to it. However, once it does connect, it would have 0 bars and would be very slow it would barely load the Google home page and other websites don't even load. In a matter of 1 to 2 minutes, the Wifi signal would disappear again and the red X will return for hours. 

I have tried turning the Wifi off and then on, turning airplane mode off and on, turning off the Wifi from Network Connections and then on, forgetting the connection, going into BIOS mode and turning off the wifi and then turning it back on, checked my modem's settings if my laptop has been blocked from Wifi or whatever, and I've also did a diagnosis via Network Connections. The result would say: "Problems with wireless adapter or access point - Not fixed".

However, if I run a troubleshoot from the settings section itself, it would also show "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken - Detected". I don't use ethernet, just Wifi, so I don't think that's an issue here. 

There's another thing, which I doubt is a cause, but worth mentioning anyways. The right side of my laptop's bottom case is broken, due to a screw not being properly placed (the factory of the place I bought it assured me it's no big deal) but by time it kept slowly opening. I didn't know it would eventually break, so I didn't bother. However, the break has been there for about a month or two, so I doubt it's an issue. 

This isn't my laptop, it's a photo I found on Google of the same Lenovo g50-70 model and the area I highlighted is where the crack is; almost in the exact shape. tadamofo.PNG

Also, for whatever reason, I was able to view my Wifi's status via Network connections but not anymore. It would show that I have access to Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) but the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) thingy does not have a connection; or I could be wrong about which is which. Whichever is the second in the list is the one showing no connection. But anyways, I'm not here to fix the issue of why I can't access the status, just thought I should mention it.

It's worth mentioning a format was done on my laptop (because the repair guy was an idiot) and I don't have Lenovo energy manager anymore if that's important (or the user guide or solution center or anything built-in as a matter of fact). But again, I doubt it's an issue because that format happened in September.

Help is appreciated!

Laptop information-

Windows 10 Home Single Language- 64 bits.

Lenovo G50-70 (red)

6GB ram

Core i7

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 7,316
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G50-70 No Wifi

Hi PopcornTart,

Welcome to the community, nice to have you here. 

If possible please download the driver for you wifi card from support.lenovo.com using a Ethernet connection. Once you have the driver open up device manager and get into network adapters and locate the wifi card. Uninstall the  wifi card, please make sure that the driver software is deleted. Restart the system. Once the system has restarted install the driver that you downloaded. 

Keep us updated. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
PopcornTart
Paper Tape
Views: 7,307
Message 3 of 4

Well, I downloaded the driver and my Wifi now is working; thank you very much!
miner_rule
What's DOS?
Views: 6,542
Message 4 of 4

Hey I downloaded the driver. It worked for about 2 days then I got the same issue of the internet not showing the wifi connection. Can you help me please? Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors