Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aliakberm92
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,708
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo G50-70 Touchpad Problem

Hello,

I bought a lenovo g50-70 laptop in february. Just after using it for few weeks I started noticing some problem with the touchpad. Each time I am working for a while, the touchpad starts doing weird functions , like starts detecting multiple fingers, zoom in and out, doesnt move at all, and also the tap to click doesnt work.. It persists for 2-3 mins and then starts functioning normally again.

I have tried setting the sensitivity high and low, disabling multi touch functions and all other settings but the problem comes back in a day or two.

I have also tried reinstalling the touchpad driver 3-4 times but the problem comes back again in 1 or two days of normal functioning. I have the latest driver installed right now , before there was an older version of it.. Problem persisted on both drivers.

If i connect an external mouse it works fine always no problem at all. But I want the touchpad to work normally as i have to use it several times i cant take the mouse with me everywhere...

I have found several reports of this problem on this forum and none of the solutions work.. Kindly take a deeper look into this matter and provide a valuable solution for it.

Thank you.

ProKitzel
Paper Tape
Views: 2,449
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo G50-70 Touchpad Problem

I'm having the exact same problems. Every few hours the touchpad seems to have a mind of its own and the cursor will not respond or do what I want. It's really annoying because it closes things accidently when I try to take contol. 

I'm now going to return it to Lenovo so they can sort it out under warranty. There clearly is a problem and they haven't fixed it despite all the people having similar issues. It's really annoying that I will have no laptop for a few days but there is absolutely no way I'm going to persevere with this problem any longer.

AS1937
What's DOS?
Views: 1,803
Message 3 of 5

Glad it's not just me.

Completely random, and it will also start working again properly completely randomly.

Latest drivers installed, windows (Windows10) up-to-date.  But does it before and after windows updates, so not related to that.  Wonder if it's more likely to be the Lenovo hardware implementation than a software problem?  In which case Lenovo will never admit a problem.

zeratul75
Punch Card
Views: 1,793
Message 4 of 5

for me it is the same, on a g50-80

I immediately press f6 buttono to temporaly disable it and then enabling again......when you do this it starts working fine again........but I agree with you guys, that is not a normal behaviour of a working hardware.....

hope lenovo will fix it soon.....hoping it is a matter of software and not poor hardware.....

chema2100
What's DOS?
Views: 1,552
Message 5 of 5

One more here, two computers g50-80 and both fails with this. 

Really they can't solve it or they don't want to expend the time needed to?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors