cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaskoe
What's DOS?
Views: 142,878
Message 1 of 14

Lenovo G50-70 Wi-Fi problem in (64bit) windows 7 wireless capability is turned off

Hi!

I have a Lenovo G50-70 laptop with Windows 7 64 bit SP1 on it.

Until a few days ago everything worked ok.

For three days I do not have wireless enabled.

If I try a network diagnostic, gives me the following message: wireless capability is turned off.

In BIOS, wireless function is activated.

All drivers are installed correctly.

All indications lead to a "switch" (switch or key combination Fn) from which would enable / disable the wireless function. But this model of laptop does not have one.

I tried many ways: wireless driver reinstallation; image restoration OS installation date; diagnoses computer software etc, pressing F7 (airplane) key, but nothing. Still the same message: radio hardware is off / wireless capability is turned off.

The whole thing happened after the laptop runs on battery until it went off alone. It seems that the wireless was disabled by the power management function "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Does anyone have any idea how I can activate the "wireless capability"?

Thank You.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 142,299
Message 2 of 14

Re: Lenovo G50-70 Wi-Fi problem in (64bit) windows 7 wireless capability is turned off

hi gaskoe

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you try the following:

• Power down the machine, remove the AC adapter and battery and hold the power button for 30secs (power drain).
  • When finished, plugin the AC adapter and boot into the BIOS then disable the Wireless LAN Support then hit F10 to save and exit then turn off the machine.

Sample image

• Re-insert the battery, and boot back into the BIOS then re-enable the Wireless LAN Support then hit F10 to save and exit then observe the wireless functionality inside Windows.

If the problem remains, try these steps:

• Open the Control Panel (icon views) > Programs and Features and uninstall the Lenovo Energy Manager then reboot
  • Download and install this version:

When finished, press F7 or Fn+F7 and check if you have the option to turn ON Wireless (see image below) and observe if you can now detect your Wi-Fi network.

wifi energy management.JPG

Let me know how it goes,

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

gaskoe
What's DOS?
Views: 142,820
Message 3 of 14

Re: Lenovo G50-70 Wi-Fi problem in (64bit) windows 7 wireless capability is turned off

Solved! Installed another version of Energy Management and now i could activate wireless function by pressinf F7 key (airplane).

http://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/lenovo-g500-no...

Thank you!

kadiye
What's DOS?
Views: 138,988
Message 4 of 14

This solution helped me too.

Thank you

nikesh_dani
Paper Tape
Views: 124,735
Message 5 of 14

Thanks neokenchi. The solution worked for me.

MiniTakki
What's DOS?
Views: 118,191
Message 6 of 14

Omg it actually worked! Thank you SO MUCH!!!
samarjeetsingh
What's DOS?
Views: 117,322
Message 7 of 14

Thanx brother it helped me too was in trouble from so many days. thanx alot

BG0803
What's DOS?
Views: 105,009
Message 8 of 14

Thank you very much. Installing Energy Manager solved my WiFi issue. However, for some there could be an issue - how to download energy manager if there is no internet connectivity. One work around had helped me. If you start the laptop the Wifi sign is missing. First you hibernate the laptop. Wait for few seconds and then resume by clicking start button. With this work around the Wifi gets enabled. Download the energy manager. Now, you are ready to turn on/off Wifi by pressing Aeroplane key.

Regards

yvonne961
What's DOS?
Views: 104,220
Message 9 of 14

Hi!

i just signed up onto the forum to say THANK YOU.  this solved the problem!  after downloading other drivers and software and BIOS adjustments.

have a good day man. 

GETU
What's DOS?
Views: 88,819
Message 10 of 14

After installing Lenovo power manager use F7 and you can turn on/off easly

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors