05-18-2016 04:51 AM - edited 05-18-2016 04:52 AM
Hello, I want to know how to fully restore the Onekey recovery functions as when i tried to boot into onekey throught novo button, it simply boots the OS partion not the recovery.
Few months back, i have decided that the recovery partition is taking up space so i have backed it up (only the partiton nothing else) with macrium reflect and have recently restored it, but Windows is not recongising the partiton even when i have hiddened it through minitool parition wizard.
As for the backup of the partiton it is not corrupted in anyway since i have veritied the backup
Here is the partitons as shown ( https://gyazo.com/7b6f9240c92bbeb962879fa1401d5891 )
As you can see, the recovery partiton still kept its name and size after restoring the parition through macrium reflect
Please help me to get windows 8.1 to recognise the partiton and restore the onekey function
Lenovo G50-70 (2014)
i3 Intel core 1.9ghz
1TB Space with normal hardrive (It is in GPT)
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-19-2016 06:18 AM
Alright i have fixed the problem after hours of searching, on the web
What i did was
1. Downloaded OKR8 Engineering ISO and Used Rufus to burn it to my usb stick
2. Also Download Windows 8.1 Media creation tool to download the iso which i copied to my other laptop (dell)
3. Changed the BIOS to legacy mode so it can let the usb boot
4. Ran the OKR8 which formatted my harddrive to normal standard and also repaired the novo function
5. Installed Windows 8.1 and restored my recovery partiton which i then merged it with the newly made recovery partiton
6. Booted into OKR and finially, the partiton started resetting the laptop to its default (pre-loaded drivers and everything)