Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdaniele
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,088
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G50-70 camera (and microphone) not working with Windows 10

I have a Lenovo G50-70 with Windows 10 Home (version 1703, Build SO 15063.413), 64 bit operating system.

The built-in camera doesn't work and so the built-in microphone (I'm not able to record anythin and I can't use any videonferencing software and neither talk with anyone).

When I was on Windows 8.1 thse devices were working normally.

Is there any solution (e.g. an external webcam or an external microphone) that can solve this issue or I ahve to downgrade to Windows 8.1 ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Michele

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,068
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G50-70 camera (and microphone) not working with Windows 10

Windows 10 added some new security/privacy settings, so assuming you have all the latest drivers installed (which you should check), you may just need to enable applications to access the camera and microphone via Windows 10's privacy settings. 

• Press the Windows Key + i to open the Settings window, and select Privacy (the lock icon)
  • From the left pane in the resulting window, select Camera, and make sure that the "Let apps use my camera hardware" option is enabled
  • Next scroll down the list of "applications that can use your camera" below, and make sure that the camera is enabled for use by the application you are trying to use.

The process is similar for enabling the microphone to bypass the Windows 10 privacy settings.

I do not see any new drivers for the sound card, or camera that have been released since 2016, but you can check to be sure you have the latest versions using the tool linked below.

Lenovo System Update Utility

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht080136

Good Luck,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors