Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

24 Posts

04-11-2017

Philippines

58 Signins

303 Page Views

• Views: 303
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo G50 80 Keyboard Problem

2017-04-18, 15:43 PM

good day! i have a new problem this time.. so i accidentally spill my rubbing alcohol on my keyboard. i immediatly cleaned the keyboard with some tissue.. and i let it dry up for like 10-20 minutes. when i started to use my laptop, the mousepad doesnt respond for like 30 seconds but my main problem here is my keyboard. when i press key "g" and "h" it comes with "\\\\\\". all of the keys in my keyboard responds and works but some keys are malfunctioning.. what should i do?! i dont have the money to repair it in the repair shop.. i have lenovo g50 80.. please help me please!! thank you so much! 

Mod's Edit: This discussion was moved to its own thread.

Mod's Comment: Please do not start multiple posts on same issue as this only splinters the discussion. Instead, keep your current discussion updated with any additional information. Your duplicate(s) have been merged or removed. Thanks !

Options

2400 Posts

11-07-2014

United States of America

1534 Signins

24216 Page Views

• Views: 24216
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo G50 80 Keyboard Problem

2017-04-18, 15:48 PM

It may take longer to have all the liquid evaporate from the keypad. Use a can of computer air to gently blow air under the keys, or set a fan to blow on the keyboard for a few hours then try again. If it still fails, you may need a replacement keyboard. They are usually less than $30 USD and easily swapped out.

The Maintenance Manual for your notebook can be found on the support tab of this website. Enter your serial number, open the documents listing and then download your manual.

Good luck.

CB

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Options

24 Posts

04-11-2017

Philippines

58 Signins

303 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2017-04-18, 15:58 PM

may i ask what is a can of computer air? if i am to use a fan to blow air the keys under my keyboard, what kind of fan should i use? can i just use my warranty on my laptop? since its brand new i just got this 3 weeks ago.. will they charge me? or  will they not accept the laptop since its damaged already? sorry for my stupidty i am not a techy person! :) thank you!

Options

2400 Posts

11-07-2014

United States of America

1534 Signins

24216 Page Views

• Views: 24216
  • Message 4 of 6

2017-04-18, 16:06 PM

Computer Air - in cans, is clean and is low pressure.... It is best to use for cleaning / clearing dust from ports, off parts and from under keyboard.

Fan - a regular desktop fan or one that can be aimed at the computer to increase air flow across the keyboard and thus speed up evaporation of the alcohol.

You can always call up Lenovo Support over the phone to discuss warranty repair options, but as this is a "end user" created situation it may not be a covered. This is usually termed "accidental damage" and not a manufacture defect.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Options

24 Posts

04-11-2017

Philippines

58 Signins

303 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2017-04-18, 16:15 PM

accidental damage? so they wont really take it for some exchange or warranty? so my best option here i guess is to take it to a repair shop is it? 

Options

24 Posts

04-11-2017

Philippines

58 Signins

303 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2017-04-19, 18:00 PM

would lenovo kindly replace my laptop since i have warranty? or at least would they fix it?

Mod's comment:  Member has now started a separate thread regarding the warranty issue of the accidental spill.  That discussion can be found at the link below. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Warranty/m-p/3647432#U3647432

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms