Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raphaello
Paper Tape
Views: 943
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G50-80 Replacements plastic covers around hinge

Hi.. I have bought a lenovo g50-80 a year ago. The plastic around the hinges have broke and im thinking to replace the whole plastic cover of the laptop, but i have a difficulty finding used plastic covers for this laptop or used laptops for replacements. My question is....With which lenovo laptop models g50-80 has the same plastic covers? If i bought plastic covers from a g50-70 or other type of the g series...will they fit? Thank you and sorry for my english....

Guru
Views: 888
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G50-80 Replacements plastic covers around hinge

The hinge covers for G50-30/G50-45/ G50-70/G50-80 should all work. 

I can't find a part number for the hinge number itself, but I can find parts for the upper and bottom covers if that's what you're looking for. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

AGomaa
Paper Tape
Views: 527
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

I have the same issue with my G50-70. The plastic around the hinges broke and I think it is due to the force exerted by the hinges when opening and closing of the screen. 

This is really a poor design considering the laptop is still operating in excellent condition.  My laptop is more than a year old and out of warranty. I can't find replacement for the palstic cover as well.

let me know if you find a solution for this.

AGomaa
Paper Tape
Views: 526
Message 4 of 4

Hi Eric,
Can you share the part numbers for the plastic covers G50-70?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors