Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 30 (24,679 Views)

Lenovo G50-80 Touchpad Problem

I've had this new laptop now for a couple of months. Right from day 1 I noticed that every few hours the touchpad will for a few minutes completely take on a mind of it's own and not do what I want and instead start going crazy. It can last a minute or 2 which is quite a long time when in the middle of trying to do something but then goes back to function correctly for another few hours. At first I assumed I'd adjust some sensitivity and other settings of it which would lessen the problem when I was more familiar with my machine. Nothing makes any difference on the Elan pad settings.

This is a real problem that I'm not going to persevere with any longer. I see it's a well known problem just in these forums alone and the only advice so far is to reinstall the drivers. Well this doesn't do anything so when are Lenovo going to fix it and update it them to eliminate this problem? The last update was 6 months ago and countless posts have been made since then with people all complaining of the same thing. Obviously the last update didn't solve the issue so they need to buck up their ideas and find a solution to this and quickly.

The only work around to deal with this problem is as soon as you see it start is to completly take your hand off the pad for at least a minute or 2 till it sorts itself out. Putting your fingers anywhere near the pad will have the arrow shooting around all over the place closing windows you didn't want closed, just going everywhere but where you are directing it to or just go so slow you need to swipe 3 or 4 times to move the curser about a pixel. 

Lenovo, there is a problem now you need to figure out what and fix it. I certainly hope I don't have to send my laptop back to your service centre to be without it for any length of time.

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 30 (24,502 Views)

Re: Lenovo G50-80 Touchpad Problem

Any chance of a response? This is an issue that must be fixed.

I've had numerous laptops before and all worked perfectly as they should. The exception is both computers made were by Lenovo. The first became a brick and no way to recover which was under 18 months old. And then this with a **bleep**ty touchpad that you know full well about despite brushing it off on the poor victims who wasted their money.
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 30 (24,498 Views)

I noticed you are promotng these ;heaavily discounted at a good price. However I will not sit back and tolerate this any more. It's obious to me that you know you are selling faulty **bleep** that doesn't work and rather tnan fix the issues you dump them off cheap to the poor unfortunate victims.

If there is no reply to this thread tomorrow with a sensible solutuin then I will beging complaing to consumer shows on TV and kicking up a fuss at every opportunity.

The fact that there o no response just speaks volumes alone

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 30 (24,410 Views)

I also have the exact same problem. The problem started before I had time to install any new software on my new Lenovo G50-80. It is very annoying for a "business class" computer.

Is this site just for venting or is there really somebody from Lenovo that is going to answer us?

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 30 (24,323 Views)

Exact same problem here.

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 30 (24,644 Views)

Hi guys I want to let you know that after sending the laptop back and having the touchpad replaaced it works perfectly.  In my previous posts I was venting my complete frustation and I want you to know is the best thing  to do is to phone Lenovo and insist you need your laptop properly checked and fixed.

I was a bit dissapointed that the laptop was away for about 2 weeks getting repaired in Germany but now it's been returned working perfectly like it should have been all along. 

I hope if you have this problem too that you are best just to phone Lenovo's customer support.

Paper Tape
Message 7 of 30 (22,401 Views)

Does anybody have an updated fix for the wild jumpy touchpad malfunction issue?!?! Anything besides sending it off to Germany for 2 weeks? Most of us can't afford to wait 2 weeks without a laptop because we may need it for work, school, etc. I have tried to install every driver available to no avail. This is a brand new laptop for god's sake and the stupid 2 week exchange policy from Worst Buy has expired. Please help Smiley Sad

What's DOS?
Message 8 of 30 (22,321 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry to report I had my touchpad replaced twice -- neither replacements fixed the issue. Lenovo was great and replaced the entire computer with the newest G50-80 with similar specs to my previous computer, and I'm disappointed to report that I just had -- on my first day using the machine -- my mouse jump around. 

If it continues, I will contact them again but wanted to place public comment that there is something odd going on with these machines. 

Paper Tape
Message 9 of 30 (22,316 Views)

I really can't believe that a company as big as Lenovo would just sweep this touchpad problem under the rug! I am so disappointed in this brand new laptop. I have never had a Lenovo product before and was so excited to get away from HP but now I regret it. I haven't had a new laptop in 5 years and this was supposed to be a nice treat for myself!!!!!

Fanfold Paper
Message 10 of 30 (21,505 Views)

I bought and exchanged two of these laptops, both have the mouse problem.  Unhappy with

Lenovo. 

Top kudoed Authors