11-16-2015

PK

37 Signins

630 Page Views

• Views: 630
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G50-80 not starting since YESTERDAY Windows update july 30, 2019

2019-07-01, 5:30 AM

I switched of my machine in perfect condition yesterday night, there were two wimdows 10 updates one was a security update and the other was I think a ,Net or 1903, something like this  now today morning when I am trying to work the machine is not booting and the dotted circle is moving in a circular motion like it usually does but its been doing that for the past 2 and a half hours. Do not have a clue as to what needs to be done, Harddrive indicator (white light) is on but not blinking, caps lock and num locks are both responding and there is no unusual sound. Looking for possible solution

Solved! See the solution
Options

2389 Posts

11-07-2014

US

1525 Signins

24166 Page Views

• Views: 24166
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G50-80 not starting since YESTERDAY Windows update july 30, 2019

2019-07-06, 14:21 PM
It sounds like the Windows System update may have failed to install properly. The "dots" chasing themselves circle is the Windows Boot Loader and pre-start loading of drivers and the system itself, so definitively a Windows issue here.

If you hold down the power button to "force off" the notebook then power it back on it may kick you into safe mode or Windows Recovery Console state. From there you can try several options to recover / repair windows including uninstalling the latest updates or using "last known good" state.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete