Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmeerUsman
What's DOS?
Views: 128
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G50-80 sometimes turns off upon plugging in charger

I have a Lenovo G50-80 (Model: 80E5). The issue I am facing is that whenever i plug in the charger irrespective of the amount of battery charged it sometimes turns off the laptop. 

One of the things i have observed is that if I plugin the charger inserting the jack very slowly into the charging port it usually does not turn off.

Has anyone else have this kind of a problem and can help me with this! Its really annoying to have your laptop restart whenever I have to plug it in. (My laptop is almost 3 years old but the problem came up after 2 years i believe. 

Suggestions are welcome!!!!!!!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 71
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G50-80 sometimes turns off upon plugging in charger

Hi AmeerUsman,

Greetings from Lenovo.

Does the issue occurs when you connect different adapter? If yes this could be hardware issue, suggest you to visit our service center. Refer the link for the list of service center https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/solutions/ht118678?Source=social_eservices&Medium=FBPAGE&Term=eServ...

Ashwin_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors