Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msammels
Not applicable
Views: 573
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G50 Dual Boot Linux

Hey everyone. I'm wondering how safe it would be to dual boot Linux on this machine (I'm not entirely sure of the distro yet) due to the hidden partition that OneKey works from? Ideally I want to leave that intact, or in the case it was accidentally destroyed have a way to restore it.

Furthermore: if I created a recovery disc set via OneKey from Windows, would it backup the hidden partition as well, so that in the event the hidden partition is accidentally destroyed, the hard drive will be reimaged to factory conditions?

Highlighted
Krakken
Not applicable
Views: 506
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G50 Dual Boot Linux

Hello Msammels

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

I think the recovery partition may not back up properly, not sure about that, never really tried it.

For linux, check this page, it should have all the compatible units on here.

But I guess if you just create a recovery disk/usb then it doesnt really matter if that stays or not really.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors