Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nunnboys
Blue Screen Again
Views: 353
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo G50 problems

I have a Lenovo G50 laptop Model # 80E30226US. Here lately it's performance has slowed down. Opening wndows and programs are taking forever. I believe I have always installed the updates on regular basis and I'm just wondering what I can do to make sure of that? OR make sure the computer is operating at it's full capacity? I have tested my internet and it seems to be fine and also operating as it should but even when I disconnect it and use it just for ormal offline stuff, it still is slow. Wat are the steps to make sure this computer is good to go ? It's only a couple years old. THANKS !

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 337
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo G50 problems

Start the task manager and see if you can determine what is hogging whatever resources are heavily used.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
nunnboys
Blue Screen Again
Views: 325
Message 3 of 6

Re: Lenovo G50 problems

Sorry, work got in the way. I ran task managr and it says only two things running, says that uner APP's.  1.Malware (that's wo i use) 2 Edge (which is what i'm using now). 2. TASK Manaer that's it.CPU 8% MEMORY 52% DISK 2% GPU 1% ( It doe say i have 94 things running i background BUT thy are al at 0% except for Desktop Windows 3.2%, System 1.5% . Thanks for your help! anything else i should try ?

nunnboys
Blue Screen Again
Views: 303
Message 4 of 6

Lenovo G50 Still sluggish

I posted the other day about my Lenovo G50 running slow. A person from this blog told me to check task manager and see what was slowing it down. This is what my task manger showed and I don't know if that's good or bad, here's what it says:....(( I ran task managr and it says only two things running, says that uner APP's.  1.Malware (that's who i use) 2 Edge (which is what i'm using now). 2. TASK Manager that's it.CPU 8% MEMORY 52% DISK 2% GPU 1% ( It does say i have 94 things running in background BUT thy are al at 0% except for Desktop Windows 3.2%, System 1.5% . ))  what else should I do to make sure this thing is running up to par?  THANKS ! 

SeniorGuru
Views: 289
Message 5 of 6

Re: Lenovo G50 Still sluggish

If it is running Windows 10, make sure the disk drive is not running at `100% as this may be the issue. Usually when I see that happening it is due to Windows Update running in the background pulling in a large update.

Also - check to make sure your Anti-malware software is not scanning files, as that ties up both HDD and CPU.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
nunnboys
Blue Screen Again
Views: 280
Message 6 of 6

Re: Lenovo G50 Still sluggish

That seemed to help ! I just told Malware when to update and I did the same for Windows Update. Speed a little better ! THANKS we'll see how it goes. Thank You !

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors