Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-30-2015

Hungary

5 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G50 wifi and ethernet problem with ADSL connection

2015-07-30, 8:15 AM

Hi there,

I was browsing this forum for a while, but haven't found this exact problem, hope somebody can resolve it.

A friend of mine bought a G50 two days ago. After the first boot and Windows 8.1 setup everything seemed to be all good. Right after connecting to the preferred Wifi network it worked perfectly for a minute or two.

Here's what happened: the laptop not only dropped the wifi connection, but restarted (!) the router, killing ALL wireless and wired network connections AND the phone line too (it is an ADSL connection). At first I could not believe it but it did. Then we tried to make a call and connect to Wifi in the meantime. It killed the phone connection and the phone went silent, router restarted again.

We have tried all the "most common" fixes found over the web (e.g. new drivers, TCP/IP manual configuration, etc.) but nothing worked. The weird thing is, that I've shared my phone's internet connection and connected with the G50, and everything worked fine. When I was switching back to the router the same thing happened. We have also tried a direct connect with a network cable, same again. All the other devices in the household (OLD laptop, other computers via cable connection, smartphones) work just fine. At first I thought that this could be a problem due to the misconfiguration of the router, but everything else works but the G50.

This is kinda disturbing since it is a brand new machine. Any suggestions maybe? If not, then it will be sent back to the service point for replacement. What a shame.

Oh and it is a G50 with AMD A6-6310, 8GB, Radeon R5 with Win 8.1 (but I don't think it has anything to do with the hardware :)).

Options

2402 Posts

11-07-2014

United States of America

1538 Signins

24246 Page Views

• Views: 24246
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G50 wifi and ethernet problem with ADSL connection

2015-07-30, 18:54 PM

wrote:

Hi there,

I was browsing this forum for a while, but haven't found this exact problem, hope somebody can resolve it.

A friend of mine bought a G50 two days ago. After the first boot and Windows 8.1 setup everything seemed to be all good. Right after connecting to the preferred Wifi network it worked perfectly for a minute or two.

Here's what happened: the laptop not only dropped the wifi connection, but restarted (!) the router, killing ALL wireless and wired network connections AND the phone line too (it is an ADSL connection). At first I could not believe it but it did. Then we tried to make a call and connect to Wifi in the meantime. It killed the phone connection and the phone went silent, router restarted again.

We have tried all the "most common" fixes found over the web (e.g. new drivers, TCP/IP manual configuration, etc.) but nothing worked. The weird thing is, that I've shared my phone's internet connection and connected with the G50, and everything worked fine. When I was switching back to the router the same thing happened. We have also tried a direct connect with a network cable, same again. All the other devices in the household (OLD laptop, other computers via cable connection, smartphones) work just fine. At first I thought that this could be a problem due to the misconfiguration of the router, but everything else works but the G50.

This is kinda disturbing since it is a brand new machine. Any suggestions maybe? If not, then it will be sent back to the service point for replacement. What a shame.

Oh and it is a G50 with AMD A6-6310, 8GB, Radeon R5 with Win 8.1 (but I don't think it has anything to do with the hardware :)).

Looking into the highlighted parts of your statement I can see the router is having the difficulty may be linked to weak internal shielding.  The new AC protocl can cause interferance with routers firmware on older less well shielded routers, by overwhelming the internal processors and causing failures to occur.

Good luck.

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms