Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RS1104
Not applicable
Views: 617
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo G500 Laptop - Automatic repair loop

Hi All,

I have Lenovo G500 laptop with Windows 8.1 . I am facing automatic repair loop issue from two days and not able to see login screen. I have formatted/reset laptop using options available in automatic repair mode but even after formatting, I am still getting automatic repair mode continuously. I have tried to start laptop in safe mode but it is also not working.

can someone please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks !!

spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 610
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo G500 Laptop - Automatic repair loop

Hi RS1104,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Since you decided to do reset, I am expecting that you already have your back up for your personal files.

Assuming that the harddrive is ok and that there was no changes done on the original partition, you may take the option of using the One Key Recovery (page 21) feature of your machine. This would revert the machine back the way it was originally and restore the image.

While the computer is turned off, use the Novo key to power on the machine. Choose Recovery from the Novo Menu and OKR from initial image should restore it back.

Update us how it goes best for you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

RS1104
Not applicable
Views: 585
Message 3 of 6

Hi spidey101,

I tried steps mentioned on page 21 and restoration was complete but I am still seeing only Lenovo screen without any progress/spinning.

Thanks.

spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 577
Message 4 of 6

Hi RS1104,

Greetings.

I would suggest running a diagnostics to the hardwares. 

This may indicate either hardware issue or corrupted image. If it was a bad image them clean installing Windows would help otherwise a replacement drive may be due. 

Personally I remove and slave the drive on another machine and run test on it. This would also allow me to do backup if needed and likewise check if the drive is still readable or have performance issue.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

RS1104
Not applicable
Views: 559
Message 5 of 6

Hi 

spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 540
Message 6 of 6

Hi RS1104,

Greetings.

I hope you also tried running diagnostics test on the harddrive integrity.

Such would help you decide if you need to replace the harddrive if you have not tested another known good one yet.

Regards 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors