Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melk9601
Paper Tape
Views: 2,295
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo G500 & Windows 10 Support

I've asked this question before....

Does Lenovo have any intent to create appropriate drivers for G500 under Windows 10?

It's been over 6 months and I haven't seen anything yet from Lenovo.

If Lenovo has not intent of creating appropriate G500 Drivers for Windows 10, please let

people know now....

I'm probably looking at another laptop company for my new computer....Sorry....

Highlighted
SeniorGuru
Views: 2,281
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo G500 & Windows 10 Support

When I look up your notebook (G500) on Lenovo Support it shows that Windows 10 is listed as an OS to choose from and has drivers available.  Is there a specific driver you are looking for or hardware issues you are trying to resolve before migrating to Windows 10?

Please provide more information on the trouble you are having and what drivers you are needing so I can narrow it down a bit.

Cheers.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
melk9601
Paper Tape
Views: 2,268
Message 3 of 5

Hi CB,

I must correct my initial statement about Windows 10 Drivers for the G500 and just say will Lenovo support Windows 10 for G500.  Lenovo  still has the G500 not supported for Windows 10 based on their Oct 2, 2015 document: Lenovo supported systems list for Windows 10 Upgrade.  This is already 03/2016.

SeniorGuru
Views: 2,255
Message 4 of 5

@melk9601 wrote:

Hi CB,

I must correct my initial statement about Windows 10 Drivers for the G500 and just say will Lenovo support Windows 10 for G500.  Lenovo  still has the G500 not supported for Windows 10 based on their Oct 2, 2015 document: Lenovo supported systems list for Windows 10 Upgrade.  This is already 03/2016.

Personally I would not put any emphasis on a document created in October of last year as Windows 10 has updated it's driver database significantly since that time.  If you are truly interested in discovering whether or not your notebook can be upgraded successfully to a new OS version the first key to look at is whether the Lenovo support page for your notebook (G500) has a drop down that shows both Windows 10 32bit and Windows 64bit as selectable options.  In your case, when I do this, it shows drivers present for both, so I fail to see the issue behind the claim that your notebook is unsupported.  If you are concerned about whether or not you can receive technical support for Windows 10 and have your notebook covered under warranty if you upgrade I would suggest calling the Lenovo support center by phone and speak with them in person.  They will explain Lenovo warranty policy, help you with the upgrade process and even offer extended warranty options if your notebook's initial warranty has expired.

I would suggest you download and run the Windows Update Readiness Tool, then use the "free upgrade" to Windows 10 app in your system tray to check your hardware and software for compatibility issues.  Both of these steps are much more applicable to your situation then the document from October of last year.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
melk9601
Paper Tape
Views: 2,246
Message 5 of 5

Thanks CB....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors