Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patricius
Fanfold Paper
Views: 632
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo G500 - built-in camera not working

Hello everyone,

I have problem with built-in camera that is not working at all.

I have a Lenovo G500 Laptop with operating system Windows 8 Pro (64-bit).

My built-in camera is not working, Widows Photo app asks me to connect camera, and Skype reports that it hasn't found any camera device.

When I go to Device Manager, there isn't such tab as "Imaging Devices" but there is a tab "Other Devices" where is one "Unknown Device". Device location is listed as "Port_#0004.Hub_#0005", device status reports: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)", and hardware ID says only "USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE". I am almost sure that this is my malfunctioning camera.

Automatically find drivers for it doesn't work. I've also tried uninstalling driver for that unknown device and run scan for recent hardware changes resulting only in re-appearing of mentioned unknown device.

I've tried to download driver from http://support.lenovo.com/sk/sk/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/lenovo-g500-no... , however when I try to install it, an error message appears: "no appropriate driver to be installed".

I've tried DriverScanner app as well. But this found only unknown device, just as Device Manager.

I am sorry to bother you, but I am really hopeless now. Am I really forced to buy external camera or is there a solution fir this issue?

Gwespyr1
What's DOS?
Views: 507
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo G500 - built-in camera not working

I have exactly the same problem...word for word. I see that sadly no one has yet offered any help. Can anyone tell me how to contact Lenovo direct?
Thanks in advance.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 498
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo G500 - built-in camera not working

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Gwespyr1 !

Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer help venue.  In other words, Lenovo owners assisting other Lenovo owners.  It's quite possible that very few folks have encountered the issue and thus have nothing to suggest.  You can contact Lenovo Support direct by calling.....

Lenovo Support - UK

English
0333-777-3991 (National Rate)
9:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Top Kudoed Authors