Kalsi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,847
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G500 does not start

Hello,

How are you? I am new to the community.

I am facing an issue with my Lenovo Laptop G 500. The brief is as follows:

When Plugged in, the LED light of Battery is on (White color). But when I press the power On Button/recover button, the Power LED Light starts for a second and then both LED lights (Power and Battery) goes off. The screen flashes but goes off immediately.

I have tried to unplug the powercord and took out the battery and then pressed the start button for 30 seconds and then reinstalled the battery and plugged in the powercord. But same thing happens again.

Addiitonal Info:

- Fan doesnt work

- CD ROM doesnt open

What should I do? Thanks for help.

regards

Ravi 

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,831
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G500 does not start

This sounds like a hardware problem that will require a tech to investigate. I would advise to contact Lenovo Support by phone to discuss warranty repair.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Kalsi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,825
Message 3 of 4

I checked with Lenovo service...warranty has expired Smiley Sad

-z
Paper Tape
Views: 1,771
Message 4 of 4

Can be many reasons for that. Did you try turning it on without battery? Do you have a possibility to check it with a different power adapter?

Since your warranty expired and the laptop doesn't turn on anyways you can open it and check the mobo. If you are at least in small degree familiar with electronics look for short circuits/cold solders/etc. I would start with looking at the mobo around power socket.

If you don't feel like you can fix it on your own try a friendly technician, doesn't have to be an IT guy, usually skilled electrician can fix such problems. Otherwise repair is not worth it. IT services/repair shop will charge you a lot for the fix, around 150€ or more if they will see you are desperate. They usually say motherboard needs replacing but in the end they only fix soldering of dc jack.

If you have important data on the hd just take it out and make it an external hard drive. Time to buy new computer. If you need it for everyday work I would think about desktop or different brand than lenovo, they aren't built to last.

(inb4 my lenovo has x years and works perfectly)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors