Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LuvLenovo555
Paper Tape
Views: 191
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G500 huge BIOS problem.

Hi,

This is my first post on the lenovo forums and i hope to get an answer soon.

Let's start with my problem: i've got a lenovo g500 (i3-3110m/4gb/hd4000) and it worked fine for almost 4 years, where at some point i decided to do a BIOS upgrade. I head to the lenovo update page, find my BIOS, download the update and everything worked pretty well.

I restart my PC, then i press the key for the BIOS utility, i scroll down and select "BIOS settings" or something like that.

At that point i got a big blue box with a message: "Password: ".

I got VERY disappointed when i found out that the update has set me a BIOS password, making my possiblity of entering the BIOS impossible. 

The BIOS update was at:"https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/78cn25ww.exe" and at "https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/it/it/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/lenovo-g500..."

I hope to get an answer soon as it has already passed a month and i havent found anything in lots of hours spent in research.

Thanks, Valentino.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 119
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G500 huge BIOS problem.

Hi LuvLenovo555! Welcome to our forums community. The BIOS password was setup by someone on your computer before you install an update. There is no way for us to know the password. For you to bypass it without the password is to change the motherboard.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors