Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rishab
Paper Tape
Views: 875
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G500S not booting using Legacy Mode

I recently changed a few setting in bios menu.
1.changed UEFI to Legacy mode and gave it priority
2.I set OS optimization to other OS althought i don't hv anything installed apart from windows
I pressed F2 and F10 at the start when Lenovo appears on the screen but Nothing happens
Is there any way I can boot in windows again?How can i take back up of my data?
Is there any way to reset the pc externally?
Any answer will be appreciated. Thanku
SeniorGuru
Views: 867
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G500S not booting using Legacy Mode

@Rishab wrote:
I recently changed a few setting in bios menu.
1.changed UEFI to Legacy mode and gave it priority
2.I set OS optimization to other OS althought i don't hv anything installed apart from windows
I pressed F2 and F10 at the start when Lenovo appears on the screen but Nothing happens
Is there any way I can boot in windows again?How can i take back up of my data?
Is there any way to reset the pc externally?
Any answer will be appreciated. Thanku

When Windows OS is installed with UEFI or AHCI enabled changing it to Legacy will not allow the OS to boot correctly.  Your change from UEFI to Legacy as highlighted in red without backing up your data first may have caused data loss and rendered the file system on your hard disk drive unuseable.

The only option to see if your data is still presesent and to back it up would be to enter BIOS again and return to UEFI mode.  If your computer boots successfully check for data loss then back up your files before you make any other changes.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Rishab
Paper Tape
Views: 850
Message 3 of 4

CB thanks for replying but my hard disk is working fine .I used it in my friends laptop(he has got the same laptop)Only problem is that when I insert hard disk ,system doesn't go into BIOS,it just gets stuck at splash screen
And without hard disk when I turn my system on,it goes into BIOS,I changed all BIOS to default but when I again insert hard disk,it gets stuck at that splash screen.
Reply ASAP.Thanks in advance
SeniorGuru
Views: 826
Message 4 of 4

@Rishab wrote:
CB thanks for replying but my hard disk is working fine .I used it in my friends laptop(he has got the same laptop)Only problem is that when I insert hard disk ,system doesn't go into BIOS,it just gets stuck at splash screen
And without hard disk when I turn my system on,it goes into BIOS,I changed all BIOS to default but when I again insert hard disk,it gets stuck at that splash screen.
Reply ASAP.Thanks in advance

The problem you are having is beacuse your OS was installed with UEFI and AHCI and not the Legacy settings so when you made the change to Legacy it corrupted the OS and now it is hanging on the Lenovo screen, failing to load the Windows boot loader engine.  You will need to enter BIOS and revert your changes back to UEFI / AHCI and attempt to reboot the OS.  If it works then you can back up your data and move forward.

If that still fails to work you may have to perform a recovery to factory settings to re-enable the OS to operate correctly.  Before you attempt the recovery make sure the BIOS is using UEFI and AHCI settings and you have backed up your data from the drive using your freinds computer as host as the recovery process will overwrite everything and return the sytem to its initial state as delivered from the factory.

I am also curious as to why you are attempting to move the system from AHCI and UEFI to Legacy ,,,   That is a performance degrading option, one that also presents some vunerablity to hardware failures.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors