Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raghav181
Blue Screen Again
Views: 10,643
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo G500s Bluetooth Problem

I have a lenovo g500s notebook with a 64-bit Windows 8, Intel Core i3 processor. Im having a problem with the bluetooth. 

1. I have tried installing both the compatible drivers for my system: Intel Bluetooth driver and Qualcomm Atheros driver from this link: http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS035819, but none of them seem to work. The bluetooth icon in pc settings is set to off and greyed out. (I cant turn it on)

2. In Device Manager, the bluetooth option is missing. But when I go to view -> Show hidden devices, it appears. On expanding it, it shows Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator as the installed driver for bluetooth(even when I had the other compatible driver installed). I have attached a screenshot for this. 

3. I've tried turning on Bluetooth Support Services in services.msc but nothing happens.

Please help.

Capture.PNG

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 10,619
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo G500s Bluetooth Problem

hi raghav181,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Can you try the following steps:

1. Press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+R, type appwiz.cpl and press Enter. On the list of programs, uninstall the Bluetooth driver/software and reboot if necessary.

2. Navigate to the D:\Drivers\Bluetooth folder and install the Bluetooth Driver (reboot if necessary).

3. Open services.msc and ensure the Bluetooth Support Service is started and Startup Type is set to Automatic.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

raghav181
Blue Screen Again
Views: 10,597
Message 3 of 7

Hi neokenchi, 

I did exactly what you said but still, the bluetooth switch is greyed out and set to off. 

The driver present in D:/drivers/Bluetooth directory is the Qualcomm Atheros driver, which I had tried already. Still I installed it again, set the bluetooth support service's startup to automatic and restarted my laptop but the bluetooth didn't work. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 10,587
Message 4 of 7

hi raghav181,

Just to verify, were you able to use the Bluetooth functionality before? If yes, what were the changes made to the system prior to the Bluetooth not working?

I've seen this case happen on an IdeaPad Flex 15 where the BT device is disabled in Device Manager after installing an incompatible BT driver and the steps mentioned above resolved the problem.

Other things that you can try:

1. Under Control Panel > Programs, uninstall the Bluetooth driver/software )reboot if necessary)
2. Run the Bluetooth Driver Installer

-  this will identify the type of Bluetooth Device installed on the system (eg. Qualcom Atheros, Intel, etc.) and it will install a generic Bluetooth driver. If successful, the Bluetooth device and its components should now appear normally under the Device Manager.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

raghav181
Blue Screen Again
Views: 10,569
Message 5 of 7

Hi neokenchi, 

It worked. I installed the generic bluetooth driver and then the Qualcomm Atheros driver, and now the bluetooth is working perfectly. Thanks a lot! Smiley Very Happy

carlosmlr
Paper Tape
Views: 7,712
Message 6 of 7

Re: Lenovo G710 Bluetooth Problem

hi i saw your post and i was hoping you could help me

i have a lenovo g710 laptop and its not picking up any bluetooth devices

under device manager it shows 3 bluetooth items but not the bt-speaker which is what i need

sreeharsha35
What's DOS?
Views: 7,427
Message 7 of 7

I have got a problem on upgrading my lenevo G50 to windows10. I was not able to connect to any of the bluetooth devices with my laptop. I just uninstalled Bluetooth drivers and re installed them from D:\ Driive recovery folder bluetooth drivers. Now it started recognizing all the bluetooth devices. Thanks neokenchi

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors