Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
marvin822
Blue Screen Again
Views: 169
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G500s Conexant HD Sound Driver Stopped Working

Hi, I have a g500s laptop a few years now and I am using the official Conexant HD audio drivers. It has been a while now that my sound stop working after the log-in sound of Windows play. I tried re-installing the drivers but the same thing happens again. If i uninstall the Conexant HD drivers everything works fine but i don't like the quality of the sound (non HD). Recently I found out that when the sound stops, I just have to open the Speakers Properties window (from the tray icon or the Control Panel) and then the sound works again. Sometimes I have to do it again if the sound stops again. FYI the sound doesn't stop all of a sudden. For example if I am listening to some music the sound won't crush while playing. But if i don't use it constantly it might stop and I will have to re-open the Speakers Properties for it to work.

Attached is a screenshot showing my sound drivers through the Device Manager.
Thank you for your time.

SeniorGuru
Views: 111
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G500s Conexant HD Sound Driver Stopped Working

Try loading a previous driver to see if that works better, as sometimes new drivers are quite buggy.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors