Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stackbage
What's DOS?
Views: 1,515
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo G500s Keyboard does not work

Hello everyone, 

I have a problem with my keyboard. It is not working at all except for the fn keys. So I can use the volume- or brightnesskeys but that's it. No other key is working. No NumLock, no Caps nothing. Problem is I can't even get to the Bios because the Fkeys are not working as well. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance

Hannes

carolanne
What's DOS?
Views: 1,503
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo G500s Keyboard does not work

I have a G505S and hate the keyboard.  I have to pound it and I often miss letters--I hit a key and the letter does not type.  I am a fast, touch typist and this keyboard really slows me down.

Wish I had my HP laptop keyboard--I like the Lenovo otherwise

Does anyone know if Lenovo has another keyboard for the G505S, or is there an after-market keyboard (not external)?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,495
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo G500s Keyboard does not work

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Hannes !

If you have you tried uninstalling the mouse / keyboard / touchpad driver, reboot the computer and then installing a fresh copy of the driver ? 

The link below is for the available driver from Lenovo for your model. Just select your operating system in the top box for the correct driver listing.......

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/lenovo-g500s-n...

If you have a USB keyboard available to use does that work ?  If the USB keyboard works without problems and the driver installation didn't this could be a very good indication that your keyboard has failed.  In that case I would recommend you contact Lenovo Support for service especially if the laptop is under warranty.  You can find the phone number for Lenovo Support in your country or area by using the link below....

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist_alt1

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors