Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dakota5000
Paper Tape
Views: 336
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo G500s Laptop Wireless Card

Hello,

I am having trouble with my daughters laptop. It will only connect if I am like 5 feet from my router. This is the only laptop or device, I am having problems with. I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest drivers for the card and she is running Windows 8 64bit edtion. It has a Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless card installed. She told me she has been having problems on and off for a while now, but neglected to tell me since she did not use it much before now. Does anybody know what cards this can be replaced with. I heard only certain cards will work with this laptop or bios. Any help would be extremely welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 302
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo G500s Laptop Wireless Card

Hello and welcome,

The whitelisted cards are shown on page 85 of the Hardware Maintenance Manual - Notebook

Please keep in mind that a card must be a whitelisted model AND have a Lenovo FRU number to pass the BIOS check.

It might be worth checking that the antenna cables are firmly connected to the existing card.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

dakota5000
Paper Tape
Views: 299
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo G500s Laptop Wireless Card

Hello,

Thank you for the information. I should have thought about looking in the manual. But I do not even see the model that is in there on the list. I have removed the antennas and replaced them firmly.

Thanks again

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors