05-03-2018 11:31 AM
I've had my Lenovo since December 17, 2012, and have faced some issues before. I recently had the battery and the adapter replaced. A couple of weeks back, the laptop suddenly stopped charging. Here are the details :
- Adapter was connected, and current supply was checked using a tester.
- Battery was connected properly.
- The power and charge light started to blink.
I looked for a solution online, and almost everywhere the following steps were asked to be followed :
- Shut down the laptop.
- Disconnect the charger.
- Take the battery out.
- Press the power button for 12 sec (some said 15, some said 20-30) to ensure any residual charge is taken out.
- Reconnect the charger (not the battery), and see if the laptop gets switched on on power.
I followed the steps to no result. Naturally, I went to a service center, where I was informed that the Integrated Circuit on the motherboard was faulty and they'd have to replace it. I said okay, and got it repaired. This was a week ago.
Now all of a sudden, the laptop is showing the similar traits. Charger is connected, but it won't charge. Again, the battery and the adapter are new and fully functional. Sometimes, when the adapter is connected, the two lights will blink and sometimes they won't, but the battery won't charge and now my laptop sits dead. What are my options?
05-03-2018 01:50 PM
05-03-2018 01:56 PM
Thanks for the response!
I did contact them, and when I went to the service center, they said everything was working fine, and it indeed was. The laptop was charging.
What could be the possible diagnostic? I'm positive that all the power sockets in my place are working fine.
05-03-2018 06:31 PM