Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CatThor
What's DOS?
Views: 280
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G500s Split

My laptop was only a few months old at the time, now its over a year old. The case split near the hinge, so now the pressure/weight from the screen is causing the case to split from the rest of the computer. Some of the screws have fallen out and are now missing. How do I replace the case or fix it? 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 276
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G500s Split

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of the problems.  Basically you have two options in repairing since the laptop is no longer under warranty.  The first would be to contact Lenovo Support regarding the repair or take it into to a local computer repair shop.  The second is to do-it-yourself if you are comfortable disassembling the laptop or know someone that is.  Used parts can be found on-line and usually eBay is a good source. 

You can find the phone number for Lenovo Support in your country or area by using the link below....

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist_alt1

The link below is for your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual that will explain the disassembly. When working inside your system please follow all precautions and recommendations that are noted in the manual.

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g400sg405sg400stouchg500sg505sg500stouch_hmm....

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

CatThor
What's DOS?
Views: 248
Message 3 of 4

Alright thanks for the information! 

I have another question, I am seeing a slight discolouration to the screen. I didn't really notice it until now (it's on the bottom right corner, its almost like a brigher patch on the screen, it's purple in the middle going to a yellowish colour on the outside. Any idea why this is, and if it will get worse? I'm not bothered by it at the moment but I am worried that if i don't address it soon it may spread (or something to that effect). 

THANKS SO MUCH!

SeniorGuru
Views: 239
Message 4 of 4

@CatThor wrote:

Alright thanks for the information! 

I have another question, I am seeing a slight discolouration to the screen. I didn't really notice it until now (it's on the bottom right corner, its almost like a brigher patch on the screen, it's purple in the middle going to a yellowish colour on the outside. Any idea why this is, and if it will get worse? I'm not bothered by it at the moment but I am worried that if i don't address it soon it may spread (or something to that effect). 

THANKS SO MUCH!

Is it the same corner as the split?  If so, the view screen cover may be beding causing light to hit it differently or reflect at a different angle, causing the visual distortion.

Bezel, back lid and hige covers are available online, google them with your model number for avialablity, pricing.  Usually takes the novice about 4 or 5 hours to change out the affected parts, about 2 hours for a pro.

Good luck.

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors