Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black_Rose
What's DOS?
Views: 6,197
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G505 Microsoft Office 2013 Activation Product Key

Hi,

I've recently purchased 2 lenovo g505 laptops and I still haven't activated or used all the features. I'm trying to activate microsoft office but I'm having much difficulty. There's a shortcut icon on the desktop of my laptop to activate ms office 2013. It's asking for me to enter a product key which I can't find anywhere. I've checked every inch of my laptop, all the packaging it came in and the manuals. I've seen product keys on other brand new laptops located next to the touch pad and others near the battery. Aren't all brand new laptops suppose to come with a product key?? Aren't the laptops I purchased suppose to include a free version of MS Office?? Where is my product key??????

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 6,096
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G505 Microsoft Office 2013 Activation Product Key

hi Black_Rose,

Welcome to the Forums.

Looking at the preloaded softwares for the Ideapad G505, this unit comes with a Office 2013 Trial. If you specifically purchased a license for MS Office 2013, you should have a product key card as stated in this article (the MS Office 2013 purchase should also be on the receipt). If you can't find it, you may need to contact the place of purchase.

To get a 60-day trial of office, you will need to do the following

1. Uninstall MS Office 2013 from Control Panel > Programs or run the MS Office 2013 Uninstaller

2. Download Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 and follow the instructions on how to obtain a product key (you will need to sign-in using a hotmail / outlook / windows live email)

Regards 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors