Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-23-2014

9 Signins

41 Page Views

• Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G505 Wifi Problems - Limited Connection, No Connection, and Dropped Connections

2014-12-23, 22:24 PM

I have a Lenovo G505 laptop. I'm not 100% sure if it's a Thinkpad or Ideapad. My problem is that my Wifi internet connection keeps disconnecting or it becomes limited. This usually happens within the first 5 minutes of going online. The way I correct this is I click on my network and click disconnect  and then click reconnect. This usually corrects the problem, But sometimes it happens again during the same session. I've had Verizon out to check on my connection and signal strength. They even replaced the router. There doesn't seem to be any issue with my ISP. My son daughters laptop both work fine with no interuptions and they are on a different floor than the router. I am only about 20 feet and in the same room as the router. I'm not computer savy, I know just enough to get by. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need help.

Options

1 Posts

01-11-2015

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G505 Wifi Problems - Limited Connection, No Connection, and Dropped Connections

2015-01-11, 3:47 AM

After fighting with this for way too long, I figured it out: uninstall AMD Quick Stream. Its AppEx Network Accelerator bit completely destroys the G505's wifi.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete