Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zq
Paper Tape
Views: 946
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo G505 Windows 10 stuck on lenovo startup screen

Hello everyone,

Since about five days ago, everytime I turn on my laptop, it starts normally. It goes into the black-background lenovo startup with a white loading symbol. Then, after maybe 5 rotations of the dots in the loading symbol, it freezes. It does not progress into starting up. At this point, I usually turn off my laptop by holding the power button. If I don't turn it off myself, it turns off automatically a few minutes later. 

Every 2 or 3 times I turn on my computer, instead of the loading symbol, it turns into a "Preparing Automatic Repair" mode. I have seen the loading symbol for this mode but then it disappears and nothing happens and it turns off automatically after ten minutes or so.

I've seen the same solution that help others with the same problem which is to take out the DVD from the laptop. I did this and my problem has not changed. 

edit: g500 to g505

SeniorGuru
Views: 914
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo G505 Windows 10 stuck on lenovo startup screen

Power the notebook using the Novo button - it should offer options to boot into BIOS, start recovery, or repair options.

If you go into repair options, look for last known good, and select a recovery point when the notebook booted correctly. This may reverse what ever it was that caused the computer boot process to fail.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
zq
Paper Tape
Views: 909
Message 3 of 5

@CBHedricks wrote:
Power the notebook using the Novo button - it should offer options to boot into BIOS, start recovery, or repair options.

If you go into repair options, look for last known good, and select a recovery point when the notebook booted correctly. This may reverse what ever it was that caused the computer boot process to fail.

Good luck.

CB

Where is repair options? When it turns on via Novo button, it shows Normal Startup, BIOS setup, Boot Menu, and System Recovery.

zq
Paper Tape
Views: 908
Message 4 of 5

Also, when I go into BIOS Setup, my laptop does not freeze and I am able to fully utilize the Setup. But, when I chose System Recovery, it loaded something and then it tried to startup my computer but froze at the loading part like usual.
3ogdy
Paper Tape
Views: 826
Message 5 of 5

If I were you, I'd look for an option to display all boot details and all the checks immediately after power on, instead of the Lenovo logo. The fact that your computer turns itself off is not exactly a good thing. Is it hot when it turns itself off?
If you can access the BIOS, you can most likely also access the BOOT menu. Have you run memtest x86 for a few hours on it?
Have you run HDD Regenerator? These programs can be booted into from optical media / flash.
Automatic repair mode may fail if there's a problem with the HDD, be it "psychical" or physical.
Have you tried booting both in IDE and AHCI mode? Do you boot Legacy hardware first or did you configure BIOS to go straight to UEFI hardware? Sometimes going straight to UEFI hardware can cause the system to pick the LAN chip as a bootable device and try booting from LAN...after failing for a few times the system usually remains on, though.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors