Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-20-2015

USA

12 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G505s Keyboard problem

2015-01-20, 2:39 AM

I have been using my Lenovo G505s laptop for 4 months now. Suddenly, today my laptop's keyboard is having problems. Some keys are not responding (letter "a" and number 1 on the top left), and I cannot capitalize some letters with Shift key. I have tried to clean out some dust but the problems still remain. Please help! :(

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G505s Keyboard problem

2015-01-20, 7:50 AM

Hi Bluenight30,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with keyboard not working in your G500s laptop.

Try to connect the external keyboard and check for the issue, also check in onscreen keyboard and check for the issue. Also try to boot the system to safe mode and check for the issue. Also check in command prompt and check for the issue.

If still the issue persist after all the troubleshooting then it might be hardware issue where the keypad needs to be replaced, please visit the nearest service centre for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

01-20-2015

USA

12 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-01-20, 14:05 PM

Thank you for your reply. I've tried to recover the whole system to the initial point and run in Safe mode but nothing works out. I don't have an external keyboard with me, and I don't know what to do with the Command prompt you were talking about. On-screen keyboard works fine, but clicking a letter while writing a paper is so inconvenient. Sorry for my bad English.

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 4 of 4

2015-01-21, 6:12 AM

Hi Bluenight30,

Thanks for the reply,

As I have mentioned to check with command prompt, just to confirm type the keys which is not working in windows as this is to confirm the keys are faulty, as you have also mentioned even in safe mode the issue persist and the onscreen keyboard works. This might be issue with keypad please visit the service center for the replacement as I had mentioned in earlier post.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms