cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atif00788
What's DOS?
Views: 653
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G505s Not charging both battery and power light are white.

Hi,

My lenovo g505s has stooped charging and both battery and power tlights are on (white ) when Ac power is not plugged in. When I plugged in AC power both light will start blinking (power white battery orange). Is it a software problem or problem with the pin of power. My battery and charger are working fine.(checked on another laptop). Please help out. 

SeniorGuru
Views: 644
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G505s Not charging both battery and power light are white.

From your service manual (available on the Support tab for your notebook) ... it says that your blinking while is sleep mode, the blinking amber indicates charging battery.  If your lights are fast blinking (less than one second apart) it may mean something different.

Would try removing battery and AC adapter, press and hold power button for 30 seconds then release.  Reinstall battery and AC power then start the notebook using power button.  Run Lenovo diagnostics and have it check the battery for faults.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors