Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
budgy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,327
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G505s hard drive size?

I ordered a SSD drive.  It is 2.5''/7mm.  Will it fit in my computer? 

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,291
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G505s hard drive size?

Always a good idea to look at your service manual / maintenance manual for this information before you order parts...

Go to the support tab on this site, enter in your specifics then select your computer from the list. One your support page loads, at the bottom you will find a link to documents, choose it and read up on your service manual. It has quite a bit of good information about updating or upgrading parts, including a white list of acceptable replacements and upgrade paths.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
budgy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,282
Message 3 of 4

I already did before coming to the forums.  It does it give the dimensions of the current hard disk. 

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,269
Message 4 of 4

Most of the HDD and SSD of 2.5 size will work... The only thing you will need to do is stay under the size of the installed disk in "thickness" dimension.  If it fits or reccomends a 9mm drive and you install a 7.5mm it will work and actually have a bit more air flow around it for cooling improvement.

Also - very important - make sure to create your system rescue disks and the OKR disks for reinstalling your system files to the SSD drive.  Not all new drives come with software tools to bit for bit clone the entire old drive to new.

Last - make sure you have ordered a new drive that is the same size or larger than the current one.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors