cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CheekyB
What's DOS?
Views: 1,463
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo G51-35 Out of battery and will not charge. Overheated?

Okay so I have a 6 month old G51-35 Laptop that I've been using for gaming. Then earlier this morning when I was playing, the battery went down to 25%. I plugged it in and it didn't charge. I wondered why, and then I thought the power in the outlet was just not flowing so I'll just plug it into a different one later, and as soon as it hit 10% I panicked. I kept searching up solutions, but nothing popped up. So I then told my brother, by the time the laptop was at 1%, and he did some tests on the laptop. A couple hours later he told me that he doesn't know what the problem is, and so I started really freaking out. I searched up the prices for a new battery pack, but there wasn't anything for the g51-35. I then looked at the laptop prices, and it was a whole load of bull because the laptop itself cost $559. My parents would kill me if they found out, but I don't know what to do next. I think the laptop is overheated, but I don't have the tools to be able to clean it. Please help. Thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,458
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo G51-35 Out of battery and will not charge. Overheated?

Hi CheekyB and welcome to the community,

Does it run ok plugged in?  It is just not charging?

If it does, then it probably is a bad battery and there is a year warranty on the battery.

Regards,

Dave 

CheekyB
What's DOS?
Views: 1,433
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo G51-35 Out of battery and will not charge. Overheated?

Thanks, but it just isn't charging, I even fanned it. Still not working.
Top Kudoed Authors