Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
troyhutz
Paper Tape
Views: 173
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo G510 Black Screen On Startup. Sometimes only 1 User Profile works

Hello. For the past few weeks often my Lenovo G510 will only show a black screen when I power up. Sometimes it works but sometimes I only get the black screen. Now even when it does boot up normally I will get a black screen after I sign in. Assuming the laptop boots up fine, the only way it will log in fine is with the main administrator user profile. The other profile just gives me a black screen. Please let me know how to fix these issues. Thanks.

SeniorGuru
Views: 142
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo G510 Black Screen On Startup. Sometimes only 1 User Profile works

This can be due to several reasons, and is not the same for all versions of the Windows OS.

Please include the OS version and any software changes made in the past that may have impacted the user log on.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
troyhutz
Paper Tape
Views: 139
Message 3 of 7

I'm using Windows 10. The only software changes that have happened are the Windows updates that are automatically updated. Thank you for responding.
SeniorGuru
Views: 136
Message 4 of 7

The "other profile" - is that an "elevated user" profile or a "standard user" profile? If nothing is stored on the other profile (user documents, files etc) then delete the profile using the admin user and add it back in.

Normally - profile corruption occurs after software installations (updates also) and the best way to resolve it is to "refresh" the PC or rebuild the user profile.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
troyhutz
Paper Tape
Views: 131
Message 5 of 7

The other user profile is just a standard profile. It's the one I normally use with all my files on. I do have most of them backed up in case I have to delete, but would prefer another option if possible. If I refresh the PC do you think it will eliminate the black screen? Sometimes I cant even get to the login screen without the black screen. Thanks again for the help.
SeniorGuru
Views: 122
Message 6 of 7

Refreshing the PC takes it back to a stable, fresh start. If you have your files backed up I would try it to see if it fixes the situation.

CB

troyhutz
Paper Tape
Views: 119
Message 7 of 7

Thanks. Can you give let me know how to Refresh the PC? Or point me in the direction of detailed instruction?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors