Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

09-19-2014

India

8 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo G510 Brigness control is not working

2014-09-19, 16:44 PM

I am having Lenovo G510 laptop. Recently I came across an issue of brigness control. I am not able to change brightness on my system. It was working a week ago, but now when I am trying to change brigtness of the system I am not able to do so. It resticts my brighness control bar to certain limit only, using F11 & F12 keys. I have upgraded to Windows 8.1, with this we can also able to change brightness using Setting menu from right edge, from there as well I am trying to change brigness, still no luck.

Searched about this issue on the forum, it was suggested on the forum that the user should upgrade Intel Video Driver, so I have downloaded Intel Video Driver for my system, Driver file name: ivga143w8164.exe. But it says that I am having latest version of the driver than this file is having.

Any suggestion how can I get rid of this issue?

Answer
Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4464 Signins

274777 Page Views

• Views: 274777

Re: Lenovo G510 Brigness control is not working

2014-09-24, 18:03 PM

hi parthbhagat,

Before running the Intel Video Driver for Windows 8.1, can you try the following:

1. Press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+R, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. On the Device Manager, navigate to Display Adapters and check if you have two graphics adapters (Intel HD Graphics + AMD Radeon HD8750M).

- If you have only the Intel Graphics, press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+R, type appwiz.cpl and press Enter. On the list of programs, uninstall the Intel Graphics Driver.

2. On the Device Manager, right click on the Intel Graphics and choose uninstall. When a box pops up, ensure the Delete the driver software for this device is checked. When done, re-install the following driver:

Intel Video Driver for Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit) – Lenovo G410, G510

If you have the AMD Radeon HD8750M Graphics, install this additional driver

AMD Video Driver for Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit) – Lenovo G410, G510

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Mod's Comment:  This post was marked as the "Solution" based on confirm report that it resolved the issue. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Replies(4)
Options

6 Posts

09-19-2014

India

8 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 2 of 5

2014-09-24, 16:11 PM

Any idea how to resolve this issue?

Answer
Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4464 Signins

274777 Page Views

• Views: 274777
  • Message 3 of 5

2014-09-24, 18:03 PM

hi parthbhagat,

Before running the Intel Video Driver for Windows 8.1, can you try the following:

1. Press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+R, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. On the Device Manager, navigate to Display Adapters and check if you have two graphics adapters (Intel HD Graphics + AMD Radeon HD8750M).

- If you have only the Intel Graphics, press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+R, type appwiz.cpl and press Enter. On the list of programs, uninstall the Intel Graphics Driver.

2. On the Device Manager, right click on the Intel Graphics and choose uninstall. When a box pops up, ensure the Delete the driver software for this device is checked. When done, re-install the following driver:

Intel Video Driver for Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit) – Lenovo G410, G510

If you have the AMD Radeon HD8750M Graphics, install this additional driver

AMD Video Driver for Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit) – Lenovo G410, G510

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Mod's Comment:  This post was marked as the "Solution" based on confirm report that it resolved the issue. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

12-14-2014

Pakistan

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 4 of 5

2014-12-14, 19:42 PM
I've replaced my Broken LCD for G510 with NEW one. but its brightness wither goes full_Bright or goes FULL_DULL.
I've tried on different OSs, Replacing updated drivers for video as well.
the retailer had given 15days check warranty and i came to knew after 15days.
What to do ?
Options

1 Posts

04-26-2017

Italy

4 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 5 of 5

2017-04-26, 9:20 AM

thanks for your suggestion, NEOKENCHI !!! after uninstalling Intel 4600 driver (and 1st restart of my Lenovo G-510 notebook), I replaced it with the 'old' previous one (downloaded from the link suggested for win10 64bit, and 2nd restart).

Now it's a pleasure to see that the brightness control is properly functioning again!!! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms