Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graciousgirl
Paper Tape
Views: 339
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo G510 keeps crashing.

Hello,

Since two months or so I can't use my Lenovo G510 properly, because it keeps crashing and acting strange. I updated the drivers as far as I know and the harddrive scan told me theres nothing wrong with my system. I did a virus check and couldn't find anything.

I get blue screens with a diversity of errors, the system sometimes deletes my games, programs or bootes in some sort of "safe mode" in which my laptop looks like it has been taken back to the fabric configuration and has deleted everything (after restarting it's back to my current desktop , and I get all my programs and files back like nothing happened), and there are times in which my system won't boot at all. I start, it loads 5 seconds and turns off.

I am clueless and at the point of throwing the thing through the window. I really hope someone here can tell me what might be wrong and what to do to fix this problem.

I made some photos of the crashes and put one of them in here so you can see what those errors are. It's dutch, I'm sorry for that but the text says: "There's a problem with this computer and it has to be rebooted. Errordata will be collected, then the computer will be restarted."

Sincerely,

Graciousgirl.

SeniorGuru
Views: 304
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo G510 keeps crashing.

It sounds like an Operating System malfunction is causing this problem. I would suggest backing up your important files (user created files, documents, photos, etc...) to an external source (cloud, USB drive) then perform a system "refresh" to zero out Windows problems.

If this fails to remedy the issue then a complete re-install of the operating system is next. This can be done from Factory Image with the One Key Recovery or from Retail Packaged version of Windows.
*** Back up data first, as all the above options can / will resort in data destruction ***

Good luck.
CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Graciousgirl
Paper Tape
Views: 297
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo G510 keeps crashing.

Hello CBHedricks,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately did a refresh and complete re-install not fix my issue. Sometimes, when crashing, I see the bluescreen flicker. Maybe that means it has something to do with my videocard? Just guessing..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors