cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LENOVO4g510i5
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,479
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo G510 - power and battery indicator light is always on and fan is working even if it is off

Battery and Power indicator light is always on even if my laptop is turned off and no charger is plugged in please help me I do not know what to do about this, I had a problem before too about this laptop, it restarts automatically when I shut it down but I already fixed this one, but the power and battery indicator light won't go off. And the fan is working. Hope you can help me. These are my laptop's specstoo.JPG

Mod's Edit: System model added to Subject line to improve visibility / clarity

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,444
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo G510 - power and battery indicator light is always on and fan is working even if it is of

Hi Lenovo4g510i5,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with power in your Lenovo G510 laptop.

Perform the power drain, to perform please disconnect all the external devices connected to the system shut down the machine and remove battery and adapter. Now press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Now connect the battery and turn on the system and check for the issue.

This is to drain the static charge as the LED might be due to the static charge.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

LENOVO4g510i5
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,428
Message 3 of 5

Re: Lenovo G510 - power and battery indicator light is always on and fan is working even if it is of

Thanks for helping, but it didn't work. Smiley Sad

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,413
Message 4 of 5

Hi Lenovo4g510i5,

Try to reinstall the energy management and check for the issue,

Click here for energy management for windows 7.

Click here for energy management for windows 8.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Prao
What's DOS?
Views: 1,079
Message 5 of 5

Yoga 900 Charger LED awlays On

Bought Yoga 900 5 days back and since first day the Charging LED is always ON , even after shut down. Changed all settings to Shut Down, but even then not solved

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors