Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leno13
Paper Tape
Views: 244
Message 1 of 10

Lenovo G510 wifi doesn't turn on

It isn't disabled, and I tried to turn it on from the settings but now it shows on in the settings and off on that network menu at the notification area. I updated the driver which was installed automatically by Windows 10 to the only one available in Lenovo website.

Driver was Microsoft - 02/06/2013 - 6.30.223.256

Now it's Broadcom - 14/05/2015 - 7.35.267.0

What else can I do?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 217
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenovo G510 wifi doesn't turn on

Hi Leno13! Thanks for posting in our community. Please install this driver https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/0ig302af.exe for your wireless. If you still have the same issue after you installed and restarted the laptop please go to bios https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216 and then disable the wireless from the configuration. Press FN+F10 to save changes after you disabled it. 

Go back to BIOS then re-enable the wireless. Check if the wireless will start working. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Leno13
Paper Tape
Views: 202
Message 3 of 10

Hi Arjay,

The driver you posted is the only driver available for this model in Lenovo website for Windows 10, and the one I installed.

I've disabled the wireless from the BIOS, exited the BIOS saving changes and enabled it again. Now I've got this blue screen error:

"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you."

It's been at 0% for 5 minutes now. I'll let you know how it will go.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 201
Message 4 of 10

Alright, hoping for better result. Keep us updated.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Leno13
Paper Tape
Views: 173
Message 5 of 10

After more than an hour, it was still at 0%. I powred it off and disabled the wifi from the BIOS, and it worked. I did that more than once. Whenever the wifi is enabled in the BIOS, it gives the BSoD, and whenever it's disabled, it works fine.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 163
Message 6 of 10

Hello Leno13. Thanks for writing back. Please send us a photo of the BSOD Screen so that we can identify the error that is causing the computer to crash. We'll wait for your update. Thanks.

Leno13
Paper Tape
Views: 146
Message 7 of 10

Here you are,

Leno13
Paper Tape
Views: 126
Message 8 of 10

Was the photo good? Any update?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 112
Message 9 of 10

Try performing a Windows update. If the issue persist, try system restore. This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app or driver, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

1.) In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results
2.) In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.
3.) Select Recovery > Open System Restore.
4.) In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.
5.) Select the restore point that you want to use in the list of results, and then select Scan for affected programs.

Leno13
Paper Tape
Views: 93
Message 10 of 10

This LT was lying there unused for quite some time with Windows 7 on it. I took it and did a fresh installation of Windows 10 with the network cord in. Half way through the installation, it froze and didn’t continue. I thought maybe one the video drivers which must have got automatically downloaded and installed caused this freeze.

I disconnected the network cord and redid the Windows 10 installation. It didn’t freeze this time. But when I connected the cord again and the drivers and updates started coming, it froze again. I hard-restarted the LT and it felt fine. And all the updates were installed. I watched some videos, no problem.

And when the time came for connecting the WiFi, you know what happened next. The WiFi was showing as off, and I turned it on. It showed as on in the settings and off on that network menu at the notification area… etc.

So I don’t think that updating and restoring would lead to something.

But how about the analysis of the BSoD?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors