Did you mean: 
PishmanIT
What's DOS?
Views: 117
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G510 will not boot after bios upgrade

Hi guys,

So this laptop has Win10 and was with v2.01

I wanted to install a newer version, but the official web site allows you stupidly enough to download only the latest version (v3.09). And I was stupid enough to install it, even though I knew jumping over some versions might cause problems.

Anyway, I think BIOS is fine. I can successfully go into the BIOS Setup and it loads. But Windows won't load. You know, the Lenovo logo appears, then the signature Windows 10 loading dots, as if Windows is loading. And it freezes like this. For like half an hour - more than enough for the BIOS to be ready, I guess.

So I rebooted it, changed to legacy mode in BIOS, still no help.

I am thinking of installing Windows 8.1, but if you had any ideas, I would be veeery appreciative to hear and try them.

Kind regards and love <33

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 105
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G510 will not boot after bios upgrade

I agree that the BIOS may be OK, and since Windows appears to be trying to load, it must at least it knows where to find the OS.     Have you removed all connected devices from USB ports (drives, mice, keyboards etc).

Can you boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode successfully, and if not, can you boot from a Windows Recovery Drive or Windows 10 installation media?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors