Did you mean: 
midohert
Not applicable
Views: 434
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo G510 will not boot

Hi Everyone,

I have a lenovo g510.

I am having trouble with my laptop as of today. I went to turn it on and it shows white lights for both the power on and the battery. But after that nothing happens. The screen contines to be black and there is no lenovo welcome screen or log in. Nothing. I know it is not the power as the lights indicate that it is working.

Any insight would be appreciated.

I also tried the 30 second thing and it did not work. I cannot even access BIOS.

Thanks,

Michelle

Ashwin_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 402
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo G510 will not boot

Hi Midohert,

Welcome to the Forums     

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with system not powering on in your Lenovo G510 laptop.

Try connecting different adapter and battery if available, also check this battery and adapter in other system and check for the issue, if still the issue persists in other battery and adapter, then it might be issue with the motherboard. Please visit the nearest service center for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!                                                   

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

HasanJamshaid
Not applicable
Views: 96
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo G510 will not boot

Can you hear fan and hard disk sound?

I had similar issue; Lenovo G510 was not working at boot; just black screen. Although I could hear fan and hard disk sound.

I tried all solutions mentioned above; like removing battery; force shut down

Then I figured out that; it is just display issue; I just pressed hinge of the lid slightly. In my case, it worked. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors