EE

6 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G510 won't boot and can't get into Windows Recovery

2019-10-23, 19:48 PM

Hello!

I have a G510 laptop that stopped working and does not boot into any OS at all.

When starting up computer normally (using the power button) it shows the screen with Lenovo logo and the Windows loading icon loops endlessly. After restarting it says "Preparing automatic repair" but the problem is that it still keeps loading and won't go into Windows Recovery in any way.

Even using the OneKey Recovery (the tiny button next to the power button) did not give any results. When I chose "System recovery" from the Novo Button Menu, it says loading files and after that, again, gets stuck in the screen with Lenovo logo. I have tried booting from Windows 10 Recovery DVD, which, after asking whether I would like to boot from DVD, led to the same Lenovo screen again and got stuck. And the DVD drive was working properly last time when I used it. I tried to run Ubunto OS from an external USB drive, with no success (reported an error of missing kernel).

Earlier, the computer was working more or less normally. Could that indicate a hardware problem? How could I reset my computer or get into Windows Recovery?

Options

3 Posts

11-05-2019

LK

4 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G510 won't boot and can't get into Windows Recovery

2019-11-05, 12:53 PM

You could remove the HDD and swap in another with a working windows copy. Then plug the problematic her via USB and backup the data. Then do a clean install of Windows on the old one.

Hope this helps.

Options

1 Posts

11-05-2019

PL

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo G510 won't boot and can't get into Windows Recovery

2019-11-05, 16:12 PM

I have the same problem. Removed drive (windows in installed on SSD), run a scan, drive is fine.

I tried also running Windows installer WITHOUT ssd drive being inside of the laptop

I made bootable USB with Windows installer. Changed settings in BIOS for booting from USB.

But even Windows installer is not starting.

seems like problems started after recent update.

Please help!

Options

1 Posts

03-28-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Lenovo G510 won't boot and can't get into Windows Recovery

2020-03-28, 14:22 PM
I have exactly same problem. I guess it could it be due to some driver missing or error in it ? I had never faced this annoying problem before. Is there anybody who faced the same problem and came up with the solution without removing HDD?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete