Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Super PM Chat

The Future of Windows Tablets

Join the conversation and share your feedback with the Lenovo Product team
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Lenovo G530 Graphics Driver Not Recognized

I am having a problem with my Lenovo G530 laptop.  This has been going on ever since I first got the laptop, back in August of 2009.

My laptop is a widescreen, and every time I reboot it doesn't recognize the fact that the computer is a widescreen and just uses the normal, more square-shaped resolution which ends up making the screen look out of proportion (everything is stretched out and really big).

I have tried changing the resolution by right-clicking the main screen and clicking on "properties" but it doesn't recognize the fact that the computer is a wide-screen.

The only thing that I do that fixes the problem is re-install the graphics driver (I re-downloaded it from the Lenovo website, the file name is 52ch04ww.exe) and reboot my computer after that.  Usually it takes several tries of deleting the driver, re-installing, and rebooting, but all day today I have been trying the same thing and my computer still will not register the wide-screen driver.

I am at a loss as to what to do about this problem, and would appreciate some advice if anyone else has dealt with this before.

Retired Guru
0 Kudos

Re: Lenovo G530 Graphics Driver Not Recognized

Post model number, (Eample: 0768-ABC) and operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7).