01-06-2016

India

2 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G550 startup error

2016-01-07, 3:22 AM
Hi, I have lenovo G550 laptop. When I start it, only 3/4 of the screen shows the logo, and after booting past bios , it says " previously Windows was not shutdown properly......" and asks for startup option. When I give start normally or any other command, it shows blue screen error,(fastly disappears) and the same thing starts all over again. I conected my hardisk to system and it started fine there. Can anyone suggest any solution.
Options

9720 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6744 Signins

728084 Page Views

• Views: 728084
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G550 startup error

2016-01-08, 15:26 PM

Hi sarma ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Issue may be due to corrupted windows start up files or may also be bad sectors.

I you have exhausted all the advance repair options that Windows offered

Another way is doing a repair install with Windows . 

The concern is your data within the hard drive , if you would be able to back up by booting on the other harddrive and extract your needed files. Or if you are not concerned with the dat inside and are willing to lose everything for a fresh start.  One Key Recovery / factory restore would be the final option.

To access it , turn off the pc and use the Novo key (page 1 next to power button) to turn it on.

Novo Menu would offer System Recovery for One key Recovery option .

Recovery from initial back up would launch the factory restore , deleting all partition and reimage it back that way it was when you got it from out of the box.

You can also run  separate diagnostics to check on the integrity of the original harddrive.

Boot on the other drive and run individual diagnostics tool Lenovo Storage Test . 

You may check on your warranty and call tech support if service is needed . 

Update us how it goes. 

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save