Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Super PM Chat

The Future of Windows Tablets

Join the conversation and share your feedback with the Lenovo Product team
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

Lenovo G555 0873 Insyde BIOS before NAWA1110.exe

[ Edited ]

I've got a Lenovo G555 - 2gb - AMD M320 cpu - HD4200 gfx - 500gb and was wondering if there were any savvy owners (unlike me) who figured out how to backup their BIOS before upgrading it.  I upgraded the BIOS, and crashes became unbearable, recovery attempts fail with blue screen or justs hangs after progress bar in the beginning.  I even tried installing fresh with new windows 7 disks which also failed, either blue screen during start.  The funny thing is hirens windows mini-xp works without a problem, and can run memory diagnostics all night (no problems reported, by the way) 

I believe it may be because it doesn't load drivers  and/or  rely on advance hardware features that normal operating systems check for.  I must add even linux fails soon after/during checking of PCI  features since you can see linux boot process in text form.

Sorry to throw out a lot of assumptions but if anyone does have a copy of the BIOS before the one listed on Lenovo website it would be worth trying.  (can I even flash in windows in a windows live CD?)

Thanks for any technical advise,

(I did phone lenovo tech support who were friendly enough but said older BIOS versions are not available)

# Sent the computer back under warranty and they replaced the processor.

# Everything has been working has normal since then.

# I am now a happy bunny.