Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kennyr99
Paper Tape
Views: 850
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo G560 0679-4TU Webcam not working Windows 10

I upgraded my wife's Laptop to windows 10 from windows 7 last year and it seemed to work fine. She just went out of town and tried to use Skype to video call me but the webcam isn't working. The Audio works fine and Skype worked fine on windows 7. I had her push FN+ESC and it told her that there is no Webcam installed. I connected to her laptop via Teamviewer and tried to check the Device Manager Imaging Devices, but there was no entry for Imaging Devices. I downloaded the Camera Driver(Bison, Chicony) for Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Lenovo G460, G560 Lenovo G560 driver for windows 8 (no driver available for win10) and tried to install it but no luck. I'm wondering if there is a Microsoft Generic Webcam driver that might work, but this is her work machine so I don't want to remotely install drivers willy nilly. Thanks

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 778
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo G560 0679-4TU Webcam not working Windows 10

Hi kennyr99, 

The webcam uses an internal usb connection, with this I would recommend that you check if there are any problematic usb device or unknown device in device manager. If there is try un-installing the device then restart the laptop. 

You could also try re-installing the chipset driver for the system. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
kennyr99
Paper Tape
Views: 774
Message 3 of 7

Hello jamdy17,

One of the things I've tried is to check the Univeral Serial Bus Controllers in the Device Driver for any faults. In fact I have found no faults or unknown devices in any of the Sections of the Device driver. Lenovo has orphaned the G560 for Windows 10 and has not put out any compatable device drivers for it. I'll try the Chipset Driver (Intel Management Engine Interface Driver for Win8) reinstall after she gets home and I can do a full backup. Thanks.

Views: 771
Message 4 of 7

Please install the chipset drivers and not the IMEI
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
kennyr99
Paper Tape
Views: 764
Message 5 of 7

Views: 758
Message 6 of 7

Can you try installing the one for Win 7. If this does not work I would recommend getting the system serviced.
kennyr99
Paper Tape
Views: 746
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for the suggestions, but since this is my wife's personal laptop she uses for work, and everthing else seems to work fine I'll leave it for now. Only time she uses Skype is to talk to me and she can use her cell to do that. Hmm maybe she'll be receptive to a new laptop since this one is getting long in the tooth and I can "inherit it" to play with.

Thanks again

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors