Highlighted
skopczynska
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,703
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G570 Blue Screen Problem

Hello,

I have Levnovo G570.

I have the following problem when working with Internet Explorer the system keeps crashing - blue screen.

Every 5-10minutes.

I updated all drivers from Lenovo website and have my Windows up-to-date.

I  uninstalled IE so I have version 9 and all works well.

Please help me how to keep the browser up-to-date and have my laptop working without blue screen.

Moreover I have problem with Chrome, I installed it and it does not want to connect to any website - there is only catopn "Loading" and the url bar does not allow me to input anything.

Please help.

BR,

Sylwia

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,661
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G570 Blue Screen Problem

hi Sylwia,

Welcome to the Forums.

Just to verify, are you running Windows 7 64bit?

Also, when you made the upgrade to Internet Explorer, did you installed Internet Explorer 11?

- if this is the case, try disabling all addons on the Internet Explorer 9 and try to install Internet Explorer 11 using this link. If you have a screenshot of the error / bluescreen crash, this will also help.

As for Chrome, try to temporarily disable all extensions and check any running security / firewall software that might be blocking access to Chrome.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

skopczynska
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,651
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

yes, Windows 7, 64-bit

ok, i'll try to install ie 11.

I cannot do it for Chrome, Chrome gets locked, I cannot enter settings panel.

BR,

Sylwia

cloudsmaker
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,497
Message 4 of 4

Did you manage to do that?
I'm assuming that no, because I found out that to have internet Explorer 10 or 11 to work properly you gonna need KB2670838 update for Windows. And this update is problematic for G570 (it can cause blue screen too) because the graphic drivers are not compatible.
I explained it more in this subject:
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/G570-install-Internet-Explorer-10-11-drivers-f...

Unfortunately, there's no compatible driver update for us, so I guess we can't really use IE 10/11.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors