Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avasarala_s
Not applicable
Views: 8,045
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G570 Boot Problem - DVD - Hard Disk Not Recognized

Dear Techies and Tech support Team,

All of sudden my Lenovo G 570 - 4334 Laptop gone down.

These are the problems I could Identify so far.., initially couple of times I have seen a blue screen at the time of Win 7 Booting, but then When I selected Safe mode option, used to boot well and again used to boot Normal mode option.

Since Couple of days, This **bleep** thing is not booting at all, 1. Thing I see it comes upto selecting of OS - in my case along with Win 7 Ultimate I also have 2003 Server OS, but when I select any one of the OS system is not booting.. saying typical error .. not able to find os.. etc.., and it goes to DOS or.. Intel UNDI - PXE - 2.0 OPTION saying Check Cable connection ! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM

No Bootable Device - insert boot disk and press any key ..

2. When I open Setup - BIOS screen using F2 key, under Information Tab in Setup Utility Under HARD DISK & CD/DVD ROM - [Not Detected] - [Not detected] (This is happenning when I keep SATA Controller Mode as [Compatible] in Configuration Tab - I need to this if I want my Both Windows OS to work, because I installed it using Imaging - Ghost etc Methodology.

3. But by Default the Option of SATA Controller Mode is [AHCI], having this reset using LOAD Default Setting, System goes back to AHCI mode, and HARD DISK is displayed as WDC WD7500BPVT - 24HXZT3 and DVD ROM: Not detected, but even now Laptop Does not boot.

What is the ISSUE ?

LENOVO G570

BIOS VERSION: 40CN25WW (2.11)

EC VER: 40CN25WW (2.11)

Lenovo SN :xxxx...x.x.x.x

Board num: xxxxxx

UUIDx.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x..x.x.x.x

CPU: Intel i5 2430 M

System mem: 4096 MB

Please Help Me, do I need to down load any new patch and update BIOS ? or What ?? What should I do ?

Thanks,

Sashi

raananc
Not applicable
Views: 7,250
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G570 Boot Problem - DVD - Hard Disk Not Recognized

I have the same problem. Temporary solution: Take out the DVD from its place, then boot the computer
abbas_govani
Not applicable
Views: 6,953
Message 3 of 4

I have the same problem. Temporary solution: Take out the DVD from its place, then boot the computer

raananc
Not applicable
Views: 6,934
Message 4 of 4

I have flashed a new firmware to the DVD and it helped

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors