cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlperenB
Paper Tape
Views: 484
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo G570 - I did not put a password in the BIOS. I need to enter a password. Help me! Please

Hello there,

I need to change a setting in the BIOS.(intel virtualization technology).I have not put a password in the BIOS since I bought my computer.I am sure.That's why I do not know the code. I tried many passwords I found on the internet.After 3 attempts, I get an error that I need to turn off the computer. It does not give an error code. System-halt says. 

Windows 7 64bit

BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.60.4240CN33WW (V2.19)

You can tell me what else to report.

Thank you from now.

SeniorGuru
Views: 441
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo G570 - I did not put a password in the BIOS. I need to enter a password. Help me! Please

Power off the system, remove main battery and AC power adapter, press and hold down power button for 20 to 30 seconds.  This will perform a power drain and reset the BIOS to allow you in (hopefully).  Once completed, power on with the Novo button to enter BIOS then set defaults and save and exit.

Keep us informed.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
AlperenB
Paper Tape
Views: 431
Message 3 of 5

Re: Lenovo G570 - I did not put a password in the BIOS. I need to enter a password. Help me! Please

I hold the power button for 2 minutes.Unfortunately, it did not work. The problem continues. The password is still being asked.

What else can I do?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 418
Message 4 of 5

The passwords do not simply appear.  Someone must have entered one.  There is no default or backdoor password.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
SeniorGuru
Views: 413
Message 5 of 5

Check with anyone that had access to the notebook, ask them if they set a password.  If no one had access to it, then you may have accidently entered it during a boot up procedure or someone is not admiting to doing it.

Either way - if you can not find the password, there is no other option except to send it in to have the system board replaced.  That is the only thing left to do.

Good luck

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors