cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katg570
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,738
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo G570 battery not charging. Battery stuck at 90% but has no charge at all.

Hi,

My Lenovo G570 battery is stuck at 90%. It says plugged in, not charging. It just happened over night. Next day battery refuse to work.

In windows it says battery 90% and is not charging but battery has no charge at all. When I disconnet the A/C power laptop just shutdown immediately. As soon as I unplug the power laptop just shutdown as there is no charge in the battery.

I did reinstalled the Power managment and also updated it. I all unpluged reboot in OS, restart, put battery back and boot into the OS back. Nothing seems to work. Is there any suggestions?

UPDATE: I just installed Lenovo Enery Managment in windows 8 before I was trying in windows 7. In the battery tab there are two options

1. Maximun battery Life
  2. Optimized battery Health

It is selected to "Optimized battery Health" and won't change regardless of power plan. I click on  "Maximun battery Life" and when I open the app again it reset it to "Optimized battery Health".

UPDATE # 2: Lenovo Solution Center say that battery life is GOOD. "Your battery is in good condition".

Abdul_Ahad
WWAN
Views: 1,716
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo G570 battery not charging. Battery stuck at 90% but has no charge at all.

Hi Katag570,

Considering the age of the G570, I belive you might have to replace the battery

Lets make 2015 the year of the #DO
Did I or someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
Katg570
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,710
Message 3 of 7

Re: Lenovo G570 battery not charging. Battery stuck at 90% but has no charge at all.

Its old but it just died over night and why windows is showing 90%?

Abdul_Ahad
WWAN
Views: 1,706
Message 4 of 7

Battery Malfunction :/ I guess 

Did I or someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
Katg570
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,665
Message 5 of 7

UPDATE: I just installed Lenovo Enery Managment in windows 8 before I was trying in windows 7. In the battery tab there are two options

1. Maximun battery Life
  2. Optimized battery Health

It is selected to "Optimized battery Health" and won't change regardless of power plan. I click on  "Maximun battery Life" and when I open the app again it reset it to "Optimized battery Health".

Katg570
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,657
Message 6 of 7

UPDATE # 2: Lenovo Solution Center say that battery life is GOOD. "Your battery is in good condition".

Abdul_Ahad
WWAN
Views: 1,642
Message 7 of 7

LSC (lenovo solution center) does "NOT" support the G570  further information at http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-73784

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors