cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shanuka
Blue Screen Again
Views: 70,538
Message 1 of 15

Lenovo G570 beeps constantly on start up - keyboard and touchpad don't work properly

My lenovo laptop has a terrible beep beep sound when i start the laptop. And when i click any icon on the destop it  opens the recycle bin (its on the top left corner) and when i refresh the destop always the recycle bin is highlighted. When i type something on the internet to search or a message the line ( which blinks when we type) always goes back. So I cannot even type anything correctly. I can't move the scroll down when i am on the internet the scroll goes up again. i need help.

Former Administrator
Views: 69,764
Message 2 of 15

Lenovo G570 stuck key

Shanuka,

Welcome to the forum!

Would you turn off the system and restart and see if you can go into BIOS?   If you get the constant beep on startup and are unable to press F2 (I believe it is F2) to enter BIOS, then it sounds like you may have a stuck key on the keyboard, or the cable for the trackpad or keyboard is not fully connected to the systemboard, OR the internal cables are pinched.   If this is the case, then I think you probably need to contact Lenovo service for help as it is likely a hardware issue.

If you are able to go into BIOS, are you able to move around in there?  You could try reloading BIOS defaults and reboot.  If everything works in BIOS and the problem is only in Windows, then it could be a driver / setting (less likely), but you could try to open mouse in the control panel and check settings.

But just based on the symptoms, it really sounds like either the touchpad or keyboard has a stuck key or is acting as if one is stuck due to the bad cable connection or a short.

Mark

Bappa
Paper Tape
Views: 69,368
Message 3 of 15

Re: Lenovo G570 beeps constantly on start up - keyboard and touchpad don't work properly

I also have the same problem.

vipinvbal
What's DOS?
Views: 68,376
Message 4 of 15

Re: Lenovo G570 beeps constantly on start up - keyboard and touchpad don't work properly

MY G470 Have the same problem... it beeps continuely on starup and and goes on boot option as i only intalled windows7 ... on strarup the ............. dot key seem to be presed  whent try to type anything and touchpad wont respondzz

schhabeg
What's DOS?
Views: 67,740
Message 5 of 15

I have a same problem there. Is there any solution there. PLZ
Bappa
Paper Tape
Views: 67,553
Message 6 of 15

I solved it!!!! just detuch the internal keyboard and plug a external keyboard, it will works..

try it and inform me

abhisheklenovo
What's DOS?
Views: 66,692
Message 7 of 15

Re: Lenovo G570 beeps constantly on start up - after laptopstart work ok

my lenovo G570 laptop beep on startup. if i left untuch after some beeps windows start and work fine cant find any troubble with that. i cant understand why its beeps on start
qwepakkxmnnieii
What's DOS?
Views: 62,048
Message 8 of 15

For me, the  "End" key is pressed always. I now use laptop by pressing "Fn" key pressed always. Is there a way to disable the "End" key. Or to disable the keyboard completly so i could use an externel one.

qwepakkxmnnieii
What's DOS?
Views: 62,043
Message 9 of 15

> detuch the internal keyboard

Can you just post how to do this.
Owathe3
Blue Screen Again
Views: 58,088
Message 10 of 15

i searched the internet about this problem. and it seems to be that the cause of this is the keyboard. so i tried to detach the internal keyboard and use the external keyboard and then the issue is solved. so my question now is does replacing the internal keyboard will solve the problem?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors